OUR MISSION: "BRINGING HOPE AND CHANGE THROUGH CLIENT-CENTERED TREATMENT THAT FOCUSES ON THE POTENTIAL FOR HEALTHIER INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILY SYSTEMS."
WHat MAKES GREAT NORTH SO GREAT?
- · Need walk and talk therapy? You got it.
- · Need different hours? Yep, I can be a bit flexible, too.
- · Stuck in jail? I'll try to meet you there (as allowed of course).
- · How about online scheduling anytime day or night?
- · Appointment reminders? Yep! Life gets busy and I created my services with these add-ins to help with that!
Meeting you at life's crossroads.
When I began my private practice, I decided it was time to shake things up a little here in Bemidji. That is why I decided that my motto really describes my approach, and not that I made it the other way around as some catchy, but futile phrase.
When you walk through my door, I hope you can learn how to see the highest value of yourself, your time and your health; I hope that you will be able to identify your potential and create direction to allow you to feel confidence, hope and understand the tools for lasting change.
I provide tailored and effective evidence-based mental health and substance use treatment options to the local community. I decided to open my own small entrepreneurial counseling services in an effort to meet busy lives.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A quaint office on the lower level of the 522 Professional Center.
- A simple, relaxing waiting area inside Suite 10.
- Fresh, quality coffee, tea, or water. I don't believe in giving any less.
- The comfy couch to settle on as if you were at home (unless you prefer chairs of course).
- A clean, relaxing environment.
- Absolute respect for you and your situation in life.
- A small assortment of clean baby and toddler toys. Sometimes life does not work out perfect and your babies may need to come along. I do recommend however, in order to get the most out of your time, that you try to invest in your counseling sessions as self-care time and come without the distraction of children. This may be some of the only, 'focus on you' time that you have!
New to services?
All new clients will first need either a Rule 25 or Diagnostic Assessment unless inquiring about consulting services. I will try to tailor your services around your needs; you are not a one size fits all. What if I do the assessment and we are not a good fit? No worries! We may not jive well together or perhaps I know someone else who may better serve your presenting concerns. I would rather you walk away from counseling thinking, "Wow! That was awesome and super helpful!" then regret your experience and time spent.
Lastly, I actually am really excited to get to working with you and would like to commend you now on taking your health seriously. You are pretty awesome.... now, go on, stand a little taller!